Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It Was A Very Good Year Challenge! Entry: Nineteen Ninety-Four: Under The Magic Eye Of A Pre-Teen Geek

I have long maintained that 1994 was the year that I first "got" music. On the border between 7th and 8th grade, between ages 12 and 13, between recess and Vocabulary Workshop, between school dances and ridiculous parts in my hair, between... oh, enough. So enjoy going cross-eyed over the awesomeness of this mix.
  1. "Machinehead" - Bush
  2. "Buddy Holly" - Weezer
  3. "Cut Your Hair" - Pavement
  4. "Ease My Mind" - Arrested Development
  5. "Laid" - James
  6. "Longview" - Green Day
  7. "Zombie" - The Cranberries
  8. "Loser" - Beck
  9. "Feel The Pain" - Dinosaur Jr.
  10. "Voodoo Lady" - Ween
  11. "The Man Who Sold The World" - Nirvana
  12. "Selling The Drama" - Live
  13. "Closer" - Nine Inch Nails
  14. "Cold Beverage" - G. Love & Special Sauce
  15. "Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago" - Soul Coughing
  16. "Stupid" - Toad The Wet Sprocket
  17. "Backwater" - Meat Puppets
  18. "Sabotage" - Beastie Boys
  19. "Last Goodbye" - Jeff Buckley

2 Comments:

Blogger The Full Moyer said...

Dude, I listened to Shaq when I was 11/12. I had totally outgrown the Diesel by 13. But oh the memories... the fumes from my hair gel could have killed a small goat.

April 12, 2006 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that some of these are from 1995, mabye not though that I'm thinking about it -- but man, Moyer, kudos and haza!

Mikey, load that shit on your computer because i need to make me a copy.

god i'm so old.

April 12, 2006 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home